Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Love of Music

In previous years my favorite sound recording would have been The Strokes or some other rock album but this year I seriously got into Hip-Hop/ Rap and that is when I feel in love with Kanye West newest album, My Dark Twister Fantasy. Yes, I do think Kanye is a pretentious jerk but his music is constantly evolving and I respect his talent, which was strongly showcased in this album. Depending on what you consider old enough, The Velvet Underground's Who Loves The Sun is my current favorite oldie. It's beat and sound is pretty happy but the lyrics are more melancholy which is ironic and enjoyable. I first heard this through mp3 recording on my computer, as most all my music.

Lost In The Woods - Kanye West

Who Loves The Sun - The Velvet Underground

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I had not thought about the Velvet Underground in many years. Great band.

    ReplyDelete